Marvel Action: Avengers # 10...

Marvel Action: Avengers is back this week!

(At least, I think we're back...)

Another incredible cover by Jon Sommariva!

While things are a bit in flux with some comic shops opening this week and some staying shuttered due to stay-at-home orders, those that are open should be stocked with issue #10 of our series.

This is the big one, so I recommend checking with your local shop and seeking it out if you're able! Everything we've been building since issue #1 starts to pay off here. A.I.M. has taken over Manhattan. They're controlling the majority of the city's heroes, forcing our team to lead an underground rebellion. But what can even Captain America do when faced with the combined might of the likes of the Spider-Mechanic, the Advanced Idea Marksman, Yellowjacket, Ant-Mechanic, and the Yellow Hulk? And just who is that lurking in the shadows?

Written by me
Art by Marcio Fiorito and Nuno Plati
Colors by Protobunker
Letters by Christa Miesner
Assistant edits by Megan Brown
Edits by Bobby Curnow

This variant cover by Luca Claretti is pretty fantastic, too!

I also wanted to clear up a bit of confusion I've been hearing about lately. The series I'm writing (Volume 1) will be completing the twelve-issue run that we intended from the beginning. But, due to delays on the art side of things and decisions way above my pay grade, Marvel and IDW have opted to release Volume 2 of the series at the same time. So while there is a second issue # 1 out there currently, it's not connected to our storyline, and I'm not the writer on that particular book.

In the meantime, we have this final three-issue arc in our series, and I'm really excited for you to check it out. Issue #10 might be my favorite script I've turned in for this title, so I hope you're able to hunt it down and give your local comic shop some support in this brave new world we're living in.

Stay healthy, stay home as much as you can, and if you're out, be like a responsible Avenger and wear a mask!

To be continued...

Comments