For Three Weeks, I Asked Taco Bell For a Free Batman Taco...

In 1997, Taco Bell advertised the movie Batman & Robin with a coupon promotion. You tore a ticket off your soda cup, and if you found Bruce Wayne's charming face, you were given a free something or other. Usually it was a taco.

Twenty years later, I was rummaging through a bin of Batman stuff. (Yes, I have a bin of Batman stuff. I have several, if we're being honest.) There I found a George Clooney coupon for a free taco. So I did what any rational person would do. I tweeted Taco Bell for three weeks.

They did not respond.

Tweet written by Chris Fox. Genius. Pure genius.

I'm still waiting, Taco Bell.

To be continued...

Comments

Unknown said…
Did you ever get the free taco??? I applaud your sense of humor and your persistence.!! I got a good laugh from your tweets
Sadly, I remain without my elusive free taco. Perhaps I'll be awarded one posthumously, as is the case with many of history's great literary endeavors.