Stone Arch Books...

One of the companies that I've been lucky enough to do a lot of work for in the last few years is Stone Arch Books, an imprint of Capstone Publishing. I first started to write for Stone Arch through DC Comics, by working on a few of their chapter books starring Superman and Batman and the Flash. I realized recently that while I've discussed them on my facebook page, I've neglected to mention some of my more recent Stone Arch projects on this site. The production quality on these books is really outstanding (particularly their hardcover editions), so it may be worth your while to dig a few of these up.


Last year, I worked on a prose chapter book that is part of the Tony Hawk's 900 Revolution series, and deals with a team of kids searching the globe for pieces of a magic skateboard. A bit out of my normal comfort zone, but fun to write nonetheless. My book is volume eight of the series, was released this past January, and is entitled Lockdown.


After that, my newest Batman book came out as part of The Dark Knight series of chapter books. A stand alone tale set in the world of Bruce Timm's Batman: The Animated Series, my book is titled Scarecrow's Flock of Fear and features artwork by Luciano Vecchio. It's a haunting little tale about Scarecrow and his connection to Robin, the Boy Wonder.


Next might be my favorite super-hero book for Stone Arch to date, a Die Hard-like story of a powerless Superman trapped inside The Daily Planet after Poison Ivy covers the building in a particularly nasty Kryptonite/plant hybrid. It's called Superman and the Poisoned Planet, and again features illustrations by Luciano Vecchio as part of Stone Arch's The Man of Steel series of chapter books.

Last but not least is an upcoming graphic novel adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's short story The Fall of the House of Usher. I was a big fan of Poe's work growing up, so it was a lot of fun to adapt the story into comic book format. I'll post more about this book when we get closer to the release date, but you can preorder it here.

Comments